DEPARTMENT OF CRYSTALLOGRAPHY
The Department of Crystallography originated from one of the four of the oldest chemistry chairs founded at the Maria Curie-Sklodowska University - the Chair of Mineralogy and Petrography. This chair existed in the years 1945-1957. Next, because of the changes in the education program of chemistry, its name has been changed to the Chair of Mineralogy and Crystallography (1957-1970). In 1970 the Crystallography Laboratory was formed, which on April 7th 1994 was transformed into the Department of Crystallography.